- 1 cup (approx. 200 ml) quinoa
- 2 cups of water or vegetable stock
- 4 large eggplants
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 red pepper and 1/2 green pepper
- 150 g of mushrooms
- 150 g grated cheese (for gratin)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to the taste of each house)
How to prepare quinoa stuffed eggplants and vegetables.
I recommend this recipe with eggplants without hesitation, it has been a success at home, and the best thing is that you can replace the quinoa by couscous or rice, the result will be similar, just as delicious.
The eggplant It can be prepared in many ways and by its shape, it is perfect to fill with other ingredients, in this case with quinoa, vegetables and mushrooms. A delicious and very healthy vegetarian option.
Quinoa is a food we should incorporate into our weekly menu and this ideal recipe for it. Well, quinoa is one of the most complete foods that exist.
It is ideal for children to eat at home better, an option to eat vegetables and be passionate about this type of food, with slightly different flavors but that with the help of gratin cheese will remind you of a lasagna, even pizza.
I hope you like it and incorporate it into your kitchen as a healthy vegetable dish.
- When we cook with eggplants, we check that their inner meat oxidizes slightly in contact with the air.
- From a white color to a soft green, but do not worry, it still retains all its flavor and texture.
- We wash the eggplants. We remove the tail and leaves. We cut them in half (longitudinally).
- In a casserole with plenty of salt water, add the eggplants and let them rest in it 15 minutes. Thus we take away the bitterness.
- After time, we remove and dry them. In other recipes we cook them for a while in the oven but we can also cook them. We emptied the eggplants, leaving a thick edge along with the skin, so that they endure well then in the oven.
- The resulting eggplant pulp is reserved on a plate, covering with transparent film.
- Cook the rest for 5 min in boiling water. We withdraw and reserve.
- Let’s go with the quinoa. Before cooking the quinoa we have to rinse it very well under the tap with running water to remove the saponin, which gives it a bitter taste.
- We put the quinoa in a large colander and rinse it several times by stirring by hand, until the water comes out clear.
- We put the cup flush with quinoa in a casserole, and with the same cup we put the water or a vegetable stock (it will give more flavor to the recipe), 2 cups, always filling it flush. Almost as if it were rice.
- Heat and when it boils, cover and cook over medium heat for 15-16 minutes.
- Do not spend time because it will be pasty and we do not want to run over it. Remember that then you will go through the oven for a few minutes.
- If liquid is left over, drain it, and remove the beans with a fork to separate them. We reserve
Preparation of quinoa with vegetables. Eggplant stuffing
- Chop the onion, garlic, peppers, tomatoes and eggplant pulp into brunoise.
- We clean the mushrooms and chop them into slices. In a pan with extra virgin olive oil, first fry the onion and garlic.
- Then we add the tomato, eggplant and finally the mushrooms. Salpimentamos to taste.
- With the sofrito prepared, add the quinoa and stir. We tried salt point and if necessary we salpimenta.
- Preheat the oven for 5 minutes at 200º C. Once the quinoa has been filled, we fill the eggplant halves and place them in a baking dish.
- Add a generous layer of grated cheese over the filling, especially for gratin.
Baking and final presentation of eggplants
- We place in the central tray and gratin 5 min. at 200º C in the upper tray or in the middle tray.
- Always until we see that the cheese is melted and is getting a toasted color.
- We serve very hot on the table, and enjoy this delicious dish.
You can see all the photos step by step in the Quinoa and Vegetable Stuffed Eggplant Recipe. Do not miss detail and they will be perfect.
Tips for perfect stuffed eggplants
- Eggplants stuffed with quinoa and vegetables can be adapted to any menu and meal, depending on their size.
- You can add your touch with basil, coriander, Provencal herbs or parsley. I have also tried it on some other occasion with nuts such as pine nuts, nuts, cashews or raisins, the crunchy contrast in the filling will be very good.
- We can serve them accompanying a plate of proteins such as meat, fish or legumes, or they can be a single light dish since they are very satiating.
- Remember that in the blog we have other similar recipes with other fillings, such as eggplants stuffed with minced meat waves eggplants stuffed with meat with bechamel.