It is important to know that This moratorium is not automatic, but you have to request it following the steps that the administration has taken.
The Tax Agency has published provisional instructions on how to proceed to request this postponement. If you are a freelancer or SMEs, you can defer paying taxes.
First: to present self-assessment by standard procedures
The instructions collected by the Tax Agency indicate that The self-assessment must be presented by the usual procedures, in which the amounts to be entered that the taxpayer wants to defer are shown. In this case, the option of “debt recognition” must be checked, as with any postponement.
Second: access the “submit request” procedure
Within the postponements section of the electronic office of the Tax Agency you must access the “submit application” section.
Third: fill in the fields of the request
Keep in mind that to access the presentation of the request for deferment se requires identification with the electronic certificate, DNIe or PIN of the declarant. If you are going to use the certificate or electronic DNI you have to click on the link “access with certificate or electronic DNI” and if you are going to use the system with PIN Code you must enter the DNI or NIE in the corresponding box.
In the fields referring to identification of the taxpayer, debts to be deferred and direct debit data, there is no peculiarity, indicates the Tax Agency.
In the interim instructions, they are asked toself-employed workers and SMEs pay special attention to request a tax deferral to a series of sections:
- In the case of the section that refers to type of guarantees offered the “exemption” option must be checked.
- At the point of proposal of deadlines; number of deadlines the number “1” must be entered.
- In the Periodicity section you must check the option not applicable.
- In the first installment date the date corresponding to a period of 6 months from the date of the end of the ordinary period for filing the self-assessment must be included. The Tax Agency explains that, for example, the monthly self-assessment of VAT MOD 303 for the month of February expires on March 30, so that the date to be included would be 09-30-2020.
- The agency notes that it is very important to include in the field “reason for the request” The expression “Postponement RDL”.
The Tax Agency points out that incorporating this wording in the text field is “of special importance for the correct processing of the application while a definitive procedure is specified by the AEAT during the period in which the Royal Decree takes effect.”
Fourth: submit the application
To submit the request for deferral of taxes, press the “sign and send” icon.
Spanish streets empty on Monday in alarm (Video: Dailymotion)