Traditional recipes are increasingly popular, even by the youngest. Beef bourguignon, Pot-au-feu and sauerkraut … As many dishes as prepared by our mothers and grandmothers. Among these gourmet recipes is the famous veal stew. Here’s how to make it happen!
What is a veal stew?
The veal stew is a real institution. Generous, delicious and friendly, the blanquette has it all. It is a veal stew prepared and simmered in a deliciously creamy sauce. It is usually accompanied by carrots, herbs and rice.
The ingredients to make a veal stew?
To make a good veal stew for two, here’s what you need:
- 500 d of veal stew
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 can of mushrooms or 200 g of fresh mushrooms
- 20 cl of fresh cream
- A cube broth
- 1 egg yolk
- 15 cl white wine
- 3 tbsp flour
- Salt and pepper
Preparation of veal stew
The blanquette is not complicated to make. Here are the steps to follow.
- Brown the meat in a little fat. It must be seized and well browned.
- Add the flour, 2 glasses of water and the broth.
- Peel and cut the carrots into rings, the mushrooms as well as the onion.
- Add the vegetables to the preparation.
- Simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes over very low heat.
- Once the meat is well cooked, collect the sauce then add the cream, egg, salt and pepper. The sauce should be smooth and smooth.
It’s ready. Serve the blanquette with rice, the vegetables and cover with the sauce.
Tips for successful blanquette
As you can see, making a blanquette is not complicated. However, there are a few tips to follow to make it absolutely perfect.
- Add cold water. Too hot, the stew may cook too hard.
- Take a quality meat, at your butcher’s. Exit supermarket meats.
- If you are afraid of having poor cooking on vegetables, opt for a separate cooking.
- For an even smoother sauce, add a little butter to bind it.
Finally, if you don’t want to eat veal, replace the meat with chicken.