Nothing like a good bath to relax when you feel anxious. And lavender, the star anti-stress plant, is the natural ingredient for a delicious home-made recipe. Find out how to take advantage of its benefits by making your own salts.
Epsom salt is the essential ingredient in bath salts. It is found in pharmacies in the form of small white crystals. Very rich in magnesium, it promotes relaxation and muscle relaxation and it helps relieve stress and anxiety. In addition, it stimulates perspiration and thereby helps to free the body of toxins. Its properties can be enhanced by adding relaxing herbs or essential oils.
The homemade recipe for lavender salts
Known for its relaxing properties, lavender is used here in the form of a dried plant and essential oil.
- 5 tablespoons of dried lavender flowers
- 500 g very fine sea salt
- 500 g of Epsom salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 40 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Mix the dried lavender flowers and the salts in a bowl.
- Pour the vegetable oil into a bowl.
- Dilute the essence of lavender in vegetable oil.
- Gradually pour the mixture of oils into the bowl and stir for a long time to thoroughly impregnate the salts.
- Immerse the salts in the bath water.
This recipe comes from the book 100% natural – Make your own beauty products (Glenat editions, Atlas label, 144 pages, € 24.95), a particularly DIY work, in which you will learn how to design your own face, body and hair treatments.