Due to the spread of the novel corona virus, the Bavarian government wants to ban events with more than 1000 guests until Good Friday. The details are to be discussed and decided in a cabinet meeting on Tuesday.
According to information from the German Press Agency, this would also affect football, basketball or ice hockey games in the federal leagues or the Champions League. At first it was not clear whether the games had to be canceled. It would be possible for the encounters to be played as so-called ghost games without an audience.
The first two confirmed deaths in Germany due to the corona virus were announced on Monday afternoon. The North Rhine-Westphalian Ministry of Health said that there was one person in Heinsberg and one in Essen.
Health Minister Spahn (CDU) previously appealed to citizens once again, the known hygiene measures to adhere to. In addition, they should refrain from unnecessary travel, work from home if possible and contact the doctor and employer if symptoms of illness appear. Especially in big cities, citizens should walk or take a bike instead of using local public transport. The primary goal is still to slow the spread of the corona virus. Spahn also spoke out against closing schools and daycare centers nationwide so that parents can continue to work.
What measures are being taken?
The coalition partners agreed on Monday morning the conditions for the Withdrawal of short-time work benefits lower and the Benefits for employees to expand. “As a result of the corona crisis, as far as possible no company in Germany should go bankrupt and no job should be lost,” it says.
Federal investments are expected to increase by a total of EUR 12.4 billion between 2021 and 2024. The coalition also advocated speeding up planning and approval processes for public projects.
Because of increasing coronavirus infections in Germany, Health Minister Jens Spahn recommends To cancel events with more than 1000 participants for the time being. In his view, this is still too timid. Such cancellations could include Bundesliga matches, trade fairs and large concerts.
By order of the Ministry of Economy, the Export of medical protective equipment such as breathing masks, gloves and protective suits are prohibited abroad.
The Robert Koch Institute advises regular Wash your hands and to comply with the “sneeze label”. The experts advise against the use of respiratory masks and disinfectants in everyday life are unnecessary. “Soap and water are enough,” said Vice President Lars Schaade. He also considers face protection to be unsuitable. “There is no scientific evidence that this makes any sense.” German teachers’ association rejected nationwide school closings.
What is the situation in the federal states?
The number of infected people in Germany increased slightly during the day. As of 3:00 p.m. (CET) there were 1,139 cases, the Robert Koch Institute announced. It was 1112 on Monday morning and 902 on Sunday afternoon.
Most people infected with Sars-CoV-2 have mild cold symptoms with chills and sore throats or no symptoms at all. 15 out of 100 infected people fell seriously ill, according to the Robert Koch Institute. You get breathing problems or pneumonia.
In Saxony-Anhalt four men tested positive for the novel corona virus. That said a spokeswoman for the Ministry of Social Affairs. In addition to a young man from Halle, there were two 39 and 42 year old men from the BOrdekreis who had returned from South Tyrol. A verifiably infected 36-year-old from the Salzland district had previously been in South Tyrol. The young man in his mid-20s from Halle had previously been traveling in northern Italy. Until Tuesday, Saxony-Anhalt was the only federal state in which no infection with the Sars-CoV-2 pathogen had been detected.
Less than two weeks after the first confirmed coronavirus infection North Rhine-Westphalia A total of almost 500 registered cases were recorded on Sunday – a sharp increase also on the previous day. The Dusseldorf Ministry of Health reported on Sunday noon of 484 confirmed infections (as of 11:30 a.m.). Compared to Saturday, this is an increase of 107 cases.
BThe first two confirmed deaths due to the coronavirus were one in Heinsberg and one in Essen, the North Rhine-Westphalian Ministry of Health announced on Monday.
In Baden-Wuerttemberg The authorities reported 54 new confirmed cases nationwide on Saturday afternoon, the Ministry of Social Affairs in Stuttgart said. According to the RKI, the number of infected people has now risen to 199 in total. The Bodenseekreis set up a Corona Test Center (CTZ) on Saturday. There, experts take care of suspected cases to relieve medical practices and clinics in the district, as the district office in Friedrichshafen announced. The Lake Constance district is thus adopting a concept that has already proven itself in other districts.
In Bavaria a further 39 people have been shown to be infected with the novel coronavirus Sars-CoV-2. The State Office for Health and Food Safety, based in Erlangen, announced on Monday.
In total, there are at least 256 people in Bavaria who tested positive for Sars-CoV-2. This includes the first 14 infected people, all of whom were connected to the car supplier Webasto from Gauting-Stockdorf near Munich, when they were considered cured and were discharged from the hospitals. Also included are three Bavarians who tested positive outside of the Free State.
In Hesse the number of detected infections with the novel corona virus increases at a low level. The authorities added two cases from Friday afternoon to Sunday. 25 infections with the Sars-CoV-2 virus have been known since Monday.
In Rhineland-Palatinate According to the Ministry of Health, there are six other proven infections with the novel corona virus. In one case in the Bad Durkheim district, it was a teacher from the Deidesheim integrated comprehensive school who was employed at the Wachenheim location. Therefore, the Wachenheim school location will remain closed for a week from next Monday, following an order from the health department in Neustadt, the ministry said on Sunday. This also applies to the primary school, which is located in the same building. Pupils and teachers who had direct contact with the sick teacher were asked to stay at home in order not to transmit the pathogen in the event of an infection. According to these latest figures, a total of 22 people in Rhineland-Palatinate have been shown to be infected with the pathogen Sars-CoV-2.
in the Saarland the number of detected infections with the novel corona virus has increased to five. The Saarland Ministry of Health announced on Sunday evening. After three employees had coronavirus infections, the software group SAP closed its location in St. Ingbert, Saarland, on Monday until further notice. The company asked its around 800 employees there to initially work from home, said a spokesman for SAP. The three affected employees are in quarantine at home and receive medical care.
In Hamburg the number of coronavirus infections has risen to 17. In Schleswig-Holstein the ninth infection with the novel corona virus has been detected and thus the second in Lubeck. In Bremen four people are infected. The number of people infected in Lower Saxony has risen to 40.
In Berlin According to the RKI, the number of detected coronavirus infections has increased to 40. On Saturday, the number of known cases was still 28. Most of the new infections are linked to past confirmed cases, according to the Senate Department of Health. Contact persons are currently being identified, contacted and isolated. In addition, two Berlin police officers have contracted the corona virus. Both would have been infected during a visit to the Berlin “Trumpet” club, police chief Barbara Slowik said on Monday. The first case was announced on Saturday. More than 60 other police officers are now in quarantine at home as contact persons for their two colleagues. An official doctor decided that. Interior Senator Andreas Geisel (SPD) said the police are well protected. Berlin is far from a disaster.
In Mecklenburg-West Pomerania there are two new confirmed coronavirus infections. The two sufferers are a 23-year-old woman and a 37-year-old man from the Mecklenburg Lake District, as the State Office for Health and Social Affairs announced on Sunday morning. Nationwide, the number of confirmed cases is eight.
In Saxony the number of confirmed coronavirus infections has risen to 12. After the first confirmed infection in Thuringia the corona virus has now been detected in a 65-year-old woman.
In Brandenburg two other people have become infected with the novel corona virus. Brandenburg currently has six officially confirmed corona cases. According to a suspected coronavirus at a school in Brandenburg, up to 5000 people are in quarantine at home.
Out Saxony-Anhalt the RKI continues to report no corona cases. The hospital in Zerbst, Saxony-Anhalt, is closed to new patients and visitors. The reason for this is that a doctor from Saxony works in the facility, who tested positive for the new corona virus, as the Anhalt-Bitterfeld district announced on Sunday. The case is not statistically part of Saxony-Anhalt. The man had previously been in South Tyrol, particularly affected by the coronavirus, and had slight complaints. The circle is currently searching for people who have had contact with the doctor. Initially, after consulting with the health department, the district ordered that no new patients be admitted to the Zerbster hospital and no visitors are allowed to enter the hospital.
How do experts and politicians assess the situation?
In the fight against further spread of the corona virus, Federal Minister of Health Jens Spahn (CDU) asked the Germans to act in solidarity. “We will deal with this situation. If we all help, stick together and trust each other even under stress, ”he wrote in a guest post in the“ Bild ”published late Monday evening, adding:“ It works. “And it is best to work together.” The epidemic has not yet reached its climax. “We expect a further increase in infections,” wrote Spahn: “There will be further restrictions in our everyday life.”
The SPD health expert and studied epidemiologist Karl Lauterbach expects a second wave of corona infections in autumn. It is no longer possible to stop the virus, “because a critical number of infections has long been reached in Germany,” said Lauterbach of the “Saarbrucker Zeitung”. “The exit strategy is over. Now we have to be able to get as few cases into summer as possible before we can expect a second, strong wave in autumn. ”The time had to be used to better prepare the healthcare system. “More people than now can be ventilated at the same time. There must be more isolation stations and more protective material for clinic staff and family doctors. ”
The Robert Koch Institute (RKI) currently assesses the risk to the health of the population as “moderate”. A worldwide spread of the pathogen is expected. This assessment could change in the short term due to new knowledge.
The President of the World Medical Association, Frank Ulrich Montgomery, sees Germany in a good position despite increasing numbers of coronavirus infections. “Our healthcare system works very well,” he said. Even the most recent increase in the number of cases over the weekend is not unusual with a total population of around 82 million people. He thought the suggestion to cancel and avoid larger events was correct. However, the limit of 1000 participants chosen by Federal Minister of Health Jens Spahn (CDU) is questionable in his view. It was “more with 100 to 200” participants as an upper limit.
With view on Corona situation in Italy Montgomery, on the other hand, was concerned. Nobody currently knows why the people there “die like flies”. However, Montgomery described the news from China as good news, where the number of registered new cases fell to the lowest level since the start of the publications.
At the flu Around 200 people have already died in Germany this season. This emerges from the latest data from the Working Group on Influenza at the RKI. Since October 2019, a total of 119 280 confirmed cases of influenza confirmed by laboratory diagnostics have been sent to the RKI. Around a sixth (17 percent) of these diseases were so severe that patients came to the hospital.
President of the statutory health insurance Andreas Gassen assumes that a large part of the population will become infected before the spread comes to a real halt. “This may seem shocking to the layperson, but when viewed soberly, it is nothing threatening: there are viruses that affect practically everyone at least once. For example herpes and influenza, ”he told the“ NOZ ”. In this case, one speaks of a “infection” of society, which ultimately leads to a kind of herd immunity.
More on MSN
“The corona virus should not go away either,” said Gassen. The question is how long the “infection” lasts. “It can take four or five years. The faster it goes, the greater the challenge for healthcare. But I definitely don’t see that even if the number of cases increases rapidly, I definitely don’t see it. ”At the moment, Corona is“ more of a medial than a medically relevant infection, ”said Gassen.