- State Lotteries and Gambling stopped all activity last Sunday because of the coronavirus.
- As explained by the organization, only two raffles will be held, which are those that took place today, Tuesday, March 17 and next Friday, the 20th, which corresponds to EuroMillions.
- For these 2 draws, the tickets purchased previously will be in force.
- For the rest, it has been totally canceled and the message that appears when it comes to betting on the different terminals enabled for it say: “It is not possible to place bets at this time. Online sales will remain closed as long as the exceptional measures of alertness in Spain “.
- For those users who have tickets for subsequent draws, they are advised to keep the tickets since the draws will be deferred until everything returns to normal.
- As for the collection of prizes, those less than 2,000 euros are suspended, while the higher ones may be collected, but it is advisable to wait for the alert state to pass.
- Discover more stories at Business Insider Spain.
The coronavirus continues to take its toll on any day-to-day everyday task. After Pedro Sanchez, President of the Government, decreed the alarm status last Saturday, March 14, many measures have been put in place to stop the spread of the virus.
One of those affected has been State Lotteries and Gambling that stopped all its activity last Sunday because of the coronavirus.
The questions that assail right now those citizens who have purchased tickets for subsequent drawings or can redeem one for a prize is obvious: What happens if I have bought a ticket for a lottery draw? Can I collect a lottery prize?
From the organization they have reported all possible scenarios.
What if I have purchased a ticket for a Lottery draw?
If you have purchased a ticket belonging to the draws for March 17 and the EuroMillions, which will be held on March 20, the Tickets purchased previously will remain valid and will be in force.
For all other draws total cancellation has been made and the message that appears when it comes to betting on the different terminals enabled for it say: “It is not possible to place bets at this time. Online sales will remain closed while the exceptional measures of the state of alert remain in force in Spain”
What if I have a ticket from a subsequent Lottery draw?
From State Lotteries and Bets ask that they be preserved, since these draws will be postponed until everything returns to normal.
Can I collect a prize?
Regarding the collection of prizes, only those that exceed 2,000 euros will be able to be received since the payment is made in financial entities and these remain open. However, it is recommended not to do so to try to stop the spread of the virus and remind the organization that these tickets will not have an expiration date.
For its part, prizes of less than 2,000 euros cannot be collected as the administrations remain closed and your payment will simply be deferred until everything returns to normal. Furthermore, it is important to rule out that the expiration period of 3 months will be suspended.
What happens with the ONCE draws?
ONCE draws have also been suspended starting Monday, March 16, including coupons and special Father’s Day coupon.
Once the alarm state ends, the organization will explain What happens to the coupons and tickets of the raffles not helds.
Further, the expiration periods for the collection of prizes are suspended until the alert ends. In any case, those with a winning coupon may continue to collect it at those ONCE centers and collaborating branches that remain open, but it is asked not to do it to try to stop the virus from spreading.