Easter is just around the corner, and while it will be a little different in 2020 than usual: we still want to snack, of course! If you want to break Lent properly, but don’t want to fall back into supposedly bad habits (hello, sugar frenzy!), You should try these carrot cake muffins. Because: You are ready in under 30 minutes, low carb and also full of proteins!
Low carb and sugar-free: carrot cake muffins – the recipe
Ingredients (for 12 muffins):
- 2 eggs
- 150 g skyr yogurt
- 120 g apple pulp
- 80 g stevia
- 2 carrots, grated
- 180 g almond flour
- 50 g whey protein hazelnut (or simply ground hazelnuts)
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 70 g raisins
- 100 g protein cream coconut crisp
- Mix the eggs, skyr, apple pulp, milk and sugar alternative in a bowl. Mix in the grated carrots.
- Add the flour, whey protein (or ground hazelnuts), baking powder and cinnamon and mix until you get a dough. Mix in the raisins.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Grease the muffin tin and add the dough. Bake for 20 minutes.
- After cooling, decorate with the protein cream (hazelnut also goes well with the muffins). If you would prefer to use traditional icing at this point, simply mix it gradually with powdered sugar and lemon juice.