Exercise pretty much every part of your body with seven exercises? Works great! In the video, Kaya Renz shows which exercises you can use to make your home workout as effective as possible.When properly designed, whole-body workouts can be very effective and achieve good results in a short time. That also applies to the Muscle building.
Effective training with compound exercises
There she has put together seven exercises that combine to address pretty much every muscle in your body and thus send a neat growth stimulus.
Particularly effective: some of the movement sequences are compound exercises.
These combinations appeal to even more muscle strains in a short time and therefore challenge your body even more.
Kaya recommends doing the exercises with full power for 40 seconds each. Then there is a 20 second pause before you can continue with the next exercise.
Do two complete rounds this way. Are you ready? Then it starts!
1. Squats with shoulder press
The first exercise is a composite sequence of movements that addresses both your upper and lower body and therefore perfectly wakes up all your muscles.
- Start in an upright, shoulder-wide position. You hold the two dumbbells in front of your shoulders.
- Now lead one Squat by kneeling until your legs are about 90 degrees.
- Now push yourself out of your legs again, your weight should be on your heels.
- When you stand upright again, push both dumbbells over your head with your arms outstretched.
- Then lower the weights and bend your knees again to do the next squat.
In order to let your leg muscles work as intensely as possible, you should slowly lower yourself into the squat. Focus on the working muscles to send the desired stimulus directly there.
2. Lunges with bicep curl
The next exercise is also a combination that will put a lot of strain on both your legs and your arms.
3. One arm shoulder press
Are your shoulders shaking with tension? Then it’s time to grit your teeth and keep going!
- First position yourself for the shoulder press in a deep lunge. Don’t worry: this time your back knee is allowed to touch the floor.
- Grab the dumbbell in your hand with the leg on the back. Hold the weight in front of your shoulder as in the first exercise.
- Now carry out the shoulder press by stretching your arm in a controlled manner over your head and then lowering it again.
When executing, make sure that your hand joint rotates during the movement: In the starting position, your palm is facing your face. Above, with her arm outstretched, she points to the front.
After doing this exercise with one arm for 40 seconds, it’s your turn to do the other side.
4. Rowing while standing
Now that your shoulder muscles in particular have been stressed, it is your turn now. So grab the second dumbbell again and get started.
- Start in a hip-wide position. Slightly bend your knees, push your buttocks back a little and bend your upper body forward. The dumbbells hang in front of your body with your arms outstretched.
- In this position, perform the rowing movements by pulling your elbows back along your body.
- At the highest point, the dumbbells are on the side of your chest. Then the weights are lowered again.
In order for your back to benefit from this exercise, it is important not to form a hump even with your arms outstretched. So make sure to always pull the shoulder blades tense back.
In addition, your weight should rest on your heels during execution. If you feel a slight tension in the back muscles of your legs, that’s a good sign.
5. Stand scales
It continues with an exercise that not only trains your whole body, but also demands a lot from your sense of balance. Have fun with the floor scale.
- The starting position is again the upright position with a narrow foot position. The weights are again held with hanging arms.
- Shift your weight in this position to the right foot and release the left leg from the floor.
- Now tip over with your upper body. At the same time as this movement, lift your left leg straight backwards.
- Bend forward until the dumbbells almost touch the floor. Your torso and the raised leg form a straight line in this position. Return to the starting position.
This exercise is aimed primarily at the back muscle strands of the standing leg. Therefore, when straightening up, concentrate on using the strength with this leg in particular.
And after the first 40 seconds, do not forget that the other side also wants to act.
So far, your abdominal muscles got off lightly during the training, but that will change now. This exercise is especially aimed at your lower abdomen.
- Lie on your back first. Hold one of the dumbbells with your arms out in front of your chest and stretch your legs in the same direction.
- Now carry out the legraises by alternately lowering one leg stretched out to the floor and lifting it back to the starting position.
Important: actively tense your belly during the exercise so that your lower back lies on the floor.
7. Plank move
Finally, it’s your turn to do an exercise that will trigger all of your muscles again. Because with the high plank permanent tension is the order of the day. So: grit your teeth and pull them through!
- The starting position for this exercise is the upright push-up position, a dumbbell is placed between your hands.
- Now shift your weight to the right hand and grab the barbell with your left hand.
- Turn your upper body to the left and stretch your left arm and weight upwards.
- Return to the starting position and carry out the movement with the other side.
Even if this is the last exercise, you should not pay less attention to a clean execution. In the Plank above all, it means that your body forms a line.
So don’t hold your bottom too low, but not too high either. Your head should also be in line with the spine.
Then you’ve already made it – very good!