Watch out for cheesecake fans! These refreshing cheesecake yoghurt slices are a delicious change from the classic
These irresistible cheesecake yoghurt slices will make your mouth water. The refreshing filling tastes wonderfully creamy thanks to Greek yogurt, and the recipe is prepared in no time. Ideal for the small cake enjoyment in between.
For the dough
- 4 egg yolks
- 300 g of flour
- 175 g butter
- 80 g powdered sugar
- 1 pack of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
For the filling
- 4 egg whites
- 560 g plain yogurt
- 400 g Greek yogurt
- 120 g powdered sugar
- 55 g of flour
- Open the oven 175 degrees top / bottom heat Preheat and line a square baking pan (preferably 23 x 33 cm) with baking paper.
- Mix the butter and powdered sugar until frothy with the hand mixer. Mix in one egg yolk at a time.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt until you get a crumbly dough. Continue kneading with your hands, divide the dough into two parts (one may be slightly larger than the other) and wrap both dough balls in cling film. The large ball comes in the fridge for an hour to cool, the smaller ball in the freezer.
- For the filling Whisk egg whites and icing sugar until stiff. The mass should have as firm a consistency as possible, almost like meringue.
- Mix natural yogurt and Greek yogurt in a second bowl and then stir in the flour with a whisk.
- Carefully lift the yoghurt mix under the egg whites.
- Roll out the dough from the fridge and place it in the baking pan. Put the filling on the dough and then grate the solid dough out of the freezer with a kitchen grater over the cake.
- For Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, then let cool at room temperature and chill in the refrigerator. Cut into even rectangles before serving.