In these special times, I wanted to share with you waves and very positive news about our company. I am indeed very happy to announce that the last two years (and more particularly the year 2019) have been the best years in the history of Ibexa, both in terms of technological progress and financial results. The first quarter of 2020 was also by far our best quarter! The main reason for this momentum is a successful repositioning.Written by Bertrand Maugain
From CMS to the Digital Experience Platform
For the first 15 years of its existence, Ibexa focused on, and was known as, a solid provider of content management systems. We have been a visionary leader when it comes to our content approach, because assets can be reused on any channel. This is very powerful for any business, which seriously wishes to go digital and achieve a real multi-channel engagement with its customers.
However in recent years, we have seen that the market, as well as our customers and partners, wanted to go beyond the engagement phase of the customer journey, beyond the simple editorial purpose of a publishing platform.
Business leaders are now better informed about digital transformation; they break the silos of their organizations and think transversely. Thus, it has become necessary to have digital platforms, capable of managing all the points of contact in a customer journey, from the first visit to a brand site to an e-commerce transaction or an after-sales process. . This is the whole role of Digital Experience Platforms (DXP) and their growth has enabled companies to truly become digital companies.
With the acquisition of B2B e-commerce technology, built on our CMS, combined with our existing personalization technology and the powerful Symfony development framework, Ibexa is now a provider of Digital Experience Platform ). And I would add that our DXP is very unified: the combination of content management and e-commerce is native to it.
Combine a 100% Partner sales model with a culture focused on the success of our Customers
In addition to this market repositioning, we wanted to have a stronger impact on the markets in which we operate. We have made clear decisions to be more efficient and effective. The two main changes that have made a significant difference are related to our commercial organization and our market strategy where we have implemented the following:
- We have eliminated direct sales and have moved to 100% sales through “Partner Only” partners. We never sell without the involvement of a certified partner. This is a tricky approach for a software provider, but we see more advantages and synergies than disadvantages. The proof is that this strategy has strengthened the channel of partners, with now stronger and more strategic relationships.
- We introduced our Customer Success program: while working exclusively with partners on co-selling and co-marketing, we wanted to stay close to our customers and make sure they get the most out of their investments in our technology.
These strategic organizational changes, combined with our DXP repositioning, are probably the most important ingredients in our recipe for success.
Growth, Expansion and New Era
This is of course very good news but the following data makes it even better:
- We doubled our new sales from 2018 to 2019 with a commercial approach 100% focused on partners
- We are getting stronger traction in the B2B field, a market with very high growth potential
- We entered three new markets with field representation in Spain, the United Kingdom and Poland
- We have doubled the average size of our subscription agreements in the past three years
- We have reached an operating margin of more than 25%
- We have been operating at a growth rate of 20% since the start of the year
- We have increased the average life of our customers to eight years, which is far beyond industry standards.
We are not a large organization and we remain realistic and humble because we are fully aware that we still have a lot of work to do and a long way to go. But these results make us extremely proud and excited for our future.
Beyond this good news concerning Ibexa, I would also like to invite you to follow us in the coming weeks, which will be for us the beginning of a new era. Thank you to all of our customers and partners for your incredible loyalty. We look forward to entering a new phase of our digital adventure … by your side. Take care of yourself !