The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) foresees for this Thursday, the entrance of a storm in the northwest of the Peninsula that will leave overcast sky and rainfall in large areas of the country, which will be especially persistent in the Pyrenees.
The approach by the peninsular northwest of a quite deep storm and the advance towards the east of an associated front are expected. Thus, in the north of the peninsula there will be cloudy or overcast sky with precipitations in Galicia and the Cantabrian Sea, which will spread throughout the day to the rest of the extreme north and, in a scattered way, to other areas of the northern half, Extremadura, Andalusia and the Strait.
In the northeast they will go accompanied by storms and they may be locally strong or persistent in the Pyrenees. In the northwestern interior it is not ruled out that they may be locally persistent.
Skies slightly cloudy or with cloudy intervals in the Valencian Community, in the Balearic Islands and, with the possibility of some weak precipitation, in the Canary Islands. In the rest of the Peninsula there is a predominance of little cloudy or clear sky.
Probability of low clouds, mist or morning fog and isolated in the interior of Galicia and the Cantabrian, in the Pyrenees, Mallorca, the eastern mountains, Extremadura and in the Strait.
Temperatures tend to rise in the Mediterranean area and in Aragon, and to fall in the rest of the interior of the peninsula, with a notable decrease in the west of the plateau. The rest of the territory remains with little change.
The wind will intensify in the Peninsula and in the Balearic Islands. It will blow from the southern component in the eastern Mediterranean area and the western component will predominate in the rest. There will be strong intervals in the high areas and coastlines, with a strong west on the Almería coast and trade winds in the Canary Islands. This is the prediction by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: very cloudy sky or covered with abundant low clouds at the beginning of the day, without ruling out that they are accompanied by morning mists and mists. Locally persistent showers and showers in the north third, which will remit at the end of the day in Orense. Minimum temperatures in slight ascent, somewhat more pronounced in the valleys, and maximums in descent, which will be locally notable at points in Lugo and Orense. Locally strong northwesterly winds along the coast during the second half of the day.
– ASTURIAS: very cloudy sky or covered with abundant low clouds at the beginning of the day in the southwestern area, where morning fog is expected. The rains and showers can be locally persistent and strong, and will subside at the end of the day in the eastern half. West component wind, more intense and north-west direction on the coast, and south-west direction in the mountain range.
– CANTABRIA: Cloudy skies or covered with rain and showers during the central hours of the day, which can be accompanied by storms. Progressive opening of clearings in the afternoon and until the end of the day. Temperatures without significant changes. On the coast, light wind from southwest direction, which will increase at noon and will roll to the west component with strong intervals. In the interior, light southwesterly wind that will turn to the north component in the afternoon.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: Cloudy or overcast sky, with light rains in the morning in the north that will extend to all the autonomous community in the afternoon, and with showers that can be strong and accompanied by a storm. Minimum falling temperatures and maximums without significant changes, with local promotions in Álava. On the coast, a light southwest wind, which will roll in the afternoon to the northwest and west directions, which will be somewhat more intense. In the interior, light wind from the south component and from the southwest direction, which will turn to the north component in the afternoon.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: Cloudy sky in the extreme north at the beginning of the day, which will promote fog banks in the mountain area, and which will be slightly cloudy in the rest of the autonomous community. There will be an increase in cloudiness during the morning that will cover the sky. The rains and showers will move from northwest to southeast, and will be more intense and persistent in the northern third and in the Iberian, where they can probably be accompanied by storms. They will be unlikely in the southwest. Minimum rising temperatures in the southeast and with slight changes in the rest, and maximum unchanged or in slight decline in the northeast and in the east and in decline in the rest, which may be notable in the western third. Wind from the west and southwest direction, with some strong intervals in the mountain area.
– NAVARRA: Cloudy skies or overcast with light rains and showers in the afternoon, which can be accompanied by storms. It is not ruled out that they may be locally strong in the Pyrenees and in the northwest. Minimum falling temperatures in the northwest and west, with no changes in the rest, and the maxims will remain without significant changes, with local ascents in the northern third. Variable light wind at the beginning of the day, with a tendency to the south component and to the southeast direction, which will be more intense in the central hours, and will roll to the north component at the end of the day.
– THE RIOJA: Cloudy intervals that will increase to cloudy skies and light showers in the second half of the day, and that will be more intense in Demand, where they are likely to be accompanied by a storm. Minimum temperatures unchanged or slightly decreasing, and maximum unchanged or slightly rising. Southwest direction wind and of western component in the mountain, while it will blow loose from the southeast direction and it will roll to the northwest direction in the valley.
– ARAGÓN: in the northern half, cloudy or overcast skies, more likely in the second half of the day, which can be locally strong, persistent and with occasional storms. In the south, slightly cloudy sky with a tendency to cloudy, without ruling out scattered and occasional precipitation at the end of the day. Minimum rising temperatures, and maximum rising temperatures in the southern half and decreasing temperatures in the north. Moderate southwest wind in the Iberian and weak southeast direction in the rest of the autonomous community.
– CATALONIA: Cloudy or overcast skies, most likely in the interior of the northern half, which can be locally strong and accompanied by occasional storms in the Pyrenees. Minimum rising temperatures and maximum temperatures with few changes. Generalized weak wind of southern component and from the southeast direction, with moderate intervals on the north coast.
– EXTREMADURA: A little cloudy sky, with some low clouds at the beginning of the day, and with an increase to cloudy sky during the afternoon, with probable light precipitation in the Central system. Some are not ruled out in the rest scattered weak precipitation. Decreasing temperatures, which may be notable in the highs of the province of Badajoz. Wind from southwest and west directions.
– MADRID’S COMMUNITY: A little cloudy sky that will increase to cloudy from noon. Scattered showers in the mountains in the afternoon. Minimum temperatures on the rise, less pronounced in the mountains. Maximum temperatures in light descent. Loose wind with a western component, which will blow with moderate intensity throughout the morning.
– CASTILLA LA MANCHA: slightly cloudy sky at the beginning of the day. The cloudy intervals will increase progressively from the northwest to the southeast without reaching the south of Albacete, where the sky will remain little cloudy. Light rain and scattered showers in the north and in eastern Guadalajara and their probability in Toledo and Ciudad Real. Minimum rising temperatures, which will be locally notable in the east, except in the western third, where they will remain unchanged. Maximum temperatures in descent, although without changes in the western third. Wind from the west and from the southwest direction, loose at the beginning of the day and that will increase to moderate in the morning, with the probability of very strong gusts in the high areas of the Montes de Toledo, in the Tagus Valley and in the Sierra de San Vicente in the afternoon.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: in the north of Castellón, cloudy intervals without ruling out scattered and occasional precipitation in the afternoon. In the rest, little cloudy or clear sky. Loose wind with a predominance of the west component, and with a tendency to blow moderate from the south component on the coast.
– MURCIA: slightly cloudy or clear sky. Intervals of low clouds and morning mists on the coast and in the lower interior, without ruling out mists. Minimum rising temperatures in the Northwest, and with few changes in the rest, and highs on the rise. Wind from southwest direction, which will blow occasionally strong in the coast during the afternoon.
– BALEARES: Cloudy skies, without ruling out an occasional shower in Menorca, with a tendency to slightly cloudy skies in the morning. There will be morning mists. Temperatures in slight rise. Wind from the south and southwesterly direction, with some strong interval starting in the afternoon.
– ANDALUSIA: A little cloudy sky, except for low morning clouds and mists in the western third. Increased cloudiness from west to east during the afternoon, with the probability of light and scattered rainfall, except on the Mediterranean side, where the sky will remain slightly cloudy or clear. Minimum temperatures in decline in the western end, rising in the eastern end and unchanged in the rest. Maximum decreases, except in the extreme east, where they will increase. Wind from the west, which will pick up during the afternoon. It will blow west on the Mediterranean coast and in the Strait, and will be strong during the afternoon, with very strong streaks on the Almerian coast and in the Strait.
– CANARY ISLANDS: in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura, low cloud intervals in the morning, which during the day will give way to high cloud intervals. In the north of the rest of the islands, cloudy skies, with clearings during the central hours of the day. In the rest of the zones, intervals of high clouds, accompanied in central hours of the day by evolution intervals. Temperatures unchanged. The wind will blow light to moderate Northeast direction, with predominance of breezes on the southwest-facing coasts of the most mountainous islands.