On the menu tonight in “Tous en cuisine” (M6), hosted by Cyril Lignac? A cold soup perfect for summer temperatures: gazpacho and its vegetable salad. At your aprons!
Here is the recipe for gazpacho and his vegetable salad Cyril Lignac (All in the kitchen):
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 4 washed tomatoes
- 2 peeled and seeded red peppers, 1 of which cut into small cubes
- 1 peeled cucumber, ½ of which cut into small cubes
- 1 melon, ¼ of which cut into small cubes
- ¼ watermelon cut into large cubes
- 1 seeded green jalapeno pepper
- some cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 lemon juice
- a few mint leaves
- 20cl of olive oil
- 5cl sherry vinegar
- toasted bread croutons
- fine salt and freshly ground pepper
- ice cubes
In a blender, mix together the tomatoes, peppers, half cucumber, melon, watermelon, chili, lemon juice and a few mint leaves, add olive oil and vinegar, then ice cubes, a little cumin and salt. Start mixing, if necessary add a little water.
In a salad bowl, mix the cubes of melon, cucumber and peppers, add the cherry tomatoes, season with olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour one to two spoonfuls of this mixture into the soup plates then pour the gazpacho on the side of the vegetables. Add a few croutons and serve very fresh.
Also to discover: Cyril Lignac revisits the Caesar salad recipe and it’s to die for