“Any cold we have this winter is coronavirus,” said the Ministry of Health.

0
9



Replay video


FOLLOWING

FOLLOWING

Any cold we have this winter is coronavirus until proven otherwise” The warning was made this Wednesday by the Secretary of Access to Health, Carla Vizzotti, in the usual morning report provided by the national government authorities on the advance of COVID-19 in Argentina.

As he explained, the doctors who are part of the Detect program found a frequent situation: many people who contracted the disease underestimate mild symptoms, and that is dangerous because they may unknowingly be contributing to the spread of the virus.

They are people who do not rank a cold like coronavirus. The most frequent response we receive is that they have a little sore throat, a cold”He introduced. And she warned: “Any cold we have this winter is coronavirus until proven otherwise; It is a huge concept that we have to understand so as not to underestimate this situation and contact the health system to define if the analysis is positive and avoid contact with other people.”.

The official, second to Ginés González García in the Ministry of Health, reported that of 17 thousand people who presented some type of symptom compatible with a cold, 95% had COVID-19. The remaining 5% presented different types of viruses related to influenza and seasonal flu.

In this morning’s report, authorities confirmed 10 new coronavirus deaths in Argentina. The total number of deaths since the start of the pandemic is 1,654.

In the last hours, President Alberto Fernández and the Chief of Cabinet, Santiago Cafiero agreed in pointing out that the country is going through the worst moment of the outbreak. Specialists for now are more cautious with that forecast.

For this reason, the Metropolitan Area is in a strict quarantine phase, with restrictions on the opening of shops and controls on the movement of passengers on public transport.

This stage will conclude on July 17 and discussions have already begun between the Buenos Aires government and the province of Buenos Aires about what the future of compulsory social isolation will be like.

Horacio Rodríguez Larreta is willing to reopen certain activities and even announce protocols that will be gradually applied until the arrival of the “new normal”. This Wednesday, his Health Minister was consulted on the subject and asked to wait for the evolution of the curves of infections and deaths in the coming days to draw conclusions.

The latest statistics on the coronavirus in Argentina

* The total number of confirmed cases in Argentina is 83,426 (49.4% women and 50.6% men). Regarding the confirmed, 1,074 (1.9%) are imported, 28,792 (34.5%) are close contacts of confirmed cases, 39,718 (47.6%) are cases of community circulation and the rest are under epidemiological investigation.

📌Since the last report issued, 11 new deaths were recorded. 5 men, 4 of 68, 73, 64 and 78 years, residing in the province of Buenos Aires; 1 of 89 years, resident in the City of Buenos Aires (CABA); and 6 women, 5 of 51, 63, 66, 69 and 59 years, residing in the province of Buenos Aires; 1 of 90 years, residents in the City of Buenos Aires (CABA). At the moment the number of deceased is 1,654 *.

* A 48-year-old man, resident in Salta, reported yesterday as deceased, was reclassified due to a loading error.

📌To date, the total number of discharges is 36,502 people.

9. 9,805 new samples were performed yesterday and 423,782 diagnostic tests for this disease were carried out since the start of the outbreak, which is equivalent to 9,339.2 samples per million inhabitants.

📌The number of cases discarded until yesterday is 267,741 (by laboratory and by clinical / epidemiological criteria).

📌The main age groups affected by the registered cases correspond to people between 20 and 59 years old, the average age being 36 years.

2.92,979 new cases were confirmed yesterday.

Monitoring of boarding schools and ICU beds

➡️ Confirmed cases COVID-19 hospitalized in ICU: 688

➡️ Percentage of total occupancy of adult ICU beds:

-Nation: 52%

-AMBA: 60,3%

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here