Demobilized from the FARC leave the reintegration zone due to violence

0
32
Demobilized from the FARC leave the reintegration zone due to violence





© Provided by Agencia EFE



Ituango (Colombia), Jul 15 (EFE) .- About a hundred people, among demobilized members of the FARC and their families, left the area where they were rejoining the Ituango municipality on Wednesday to move to another in Mutatá, both in the department of Antioquia, for the violence that plagues that region of northwestern Colombia.

The ex-combatants left the former Territorial Training and Reincorporation Area (ETCR) of Saint Lucia this morning, where they were returning to civilian life after the signing of the peace agreement in November 2016, due to the escalation of the conflict in that region.

In recent weeks, the Common Alternative Revolutionary Force (FARC) party, which emerged from the demobilization of the guerrillas, denounced that 11 of its militants had been assassinated in Ituango and recalled that since the agreement was signed, 218 ex-guerrillas have been assassinated throughout the country.

In that sense, that political movement said last month that violence affects not only ex-combatants but also their families and gave as an example what happened on June 7, when unknown persons murdered in that municipality a man and two minors old, one of them the son of a demobilized.

“The peace signatories are leaving Saint Lucia because the Government does not guarantee their safety and their lives,” Ómar Restrepo, a representative to the House of the FARC party, said on Twitter, who described what happened as “forced displacement.”

VIAJE DE ITUANGO THE SHOW

The ex-combatants and their families, with trucks loaded with their objects and traveling by buses, arrived on Wednesday at the municipal capital of Ituango where they intended to spend the night to continue their trip to Mutatá tomorrow, which takes between 12 and 14 hours by road.

However, they were located in an area where there was “great risk” with gas pipettes, “a quantity of junkyard, very bad smells, really an unhygienic issue,” according to Manuel Antonio González Benítez, known in his time as a guerrilla fighter as “Elmer Arrieta”, who was the head of the FARC’s 18th Front.

González, whose son was one of the ex-guerrillas murdered in Ituango last December, assured that what they live, “more than a displacement, is an uprooting from their own territory because more than 80% of the peace signatories are natural, native of this municipality “.






© Provided by Agencia EFE


“What surprises us the most is the way in which we were received here in the municipality (…) The other thing is that they take us on a forced march, they changed our agenda: the route was by the national route and now they are going to put to go to San Cristóbal, supposedly because it is closer. For us it is longer, more risky, “he added.

AFTERNOON TRIP

After discussing the continuation of the trip with the Government, the Agency for Reincorporation and Standardization (ARN) assured that, “according to the established protocol and route defined by the public force,” the 93 people got back on the buses to 17.30 local time (23.30 GMT).

“They are expected to arrive between 6.00 and 8.00 am tomorrow (between 11.00 and 13.00 GMT),” added the ARN.

In this regard, the FARC delegate to the National Reincorporation Council (CNR), Pastor Alape, assured that “it is not explained that in a forced displacement like the one experienced by the group in reincorporation of Ituango, the exit route is imposed by the Military Forces, which were unable to guarantee “his life and” permanence in the territory “.

“The public force did not guarantee the lives of the peace signatories in Ituango. The Government took six months to respond to their request for relocation. And the Government imposed the exit route defined by the Public Force. No more re-victimization,” added Alape. On twitter.

The reinstated will be installed on a property in the La Fortuna hamlet, which is part of the municipality of Mutatá.

That transfer had suffered several delays because it was initially agreed to be carried out in February of this year “but there were problems (for the acquisition) of the new property and the coronavirus was added to it,” the demobilized Gustavo López told Efe on July 3.

On the other hand, the United Nations Security Council again showed on Tuesday its concern about insecurity in Colombia and the risks that this constitutes for the peace process along with the emergence of the pandemic, which has “demonstrated, once again , how vulnerable the situation is. ”






© Provided by Agencia EFE


This was stated by the UN representative for Colombia, Carlos Ruiz Massieu, who said that “the insecurity faced by ex-FARC-EP combatants, communities, human rights defenders and social leaders continue to be our greatest concern and unfortunately it has continued during the pandemic. ”

(c) EFE Agency

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here