Santa Fe It is one of the provinces that has a tentative date of return to classroom classes and the Government of Omar Perotti already has the protocol with the recommendations for the students and their families, and the actions in case of detecting a positive of coronavirus in the schools.
The document, which applies to all levels and modalities of Compulsory Education and in Higher Institutes, begins with the importance of previous care, such as the sanitary conditioning of the establishment with hygiene and space to ensure the minimum distance.
Regarding prevention during the stay in the place, the permanent use of the chinstrap, except for primary level students when they are in the classroom during the development of the class. In addition, its correct use must be explained and the washing of the mask must be promoted, as must the hands continuously.
A cleaning periodic and frequent of all facilities, especially in areas of greater contact and circulation, with every shift change.
The text also refers to a series of prohibitions such as physical contact, the permanence of several people in closed spaces, and items such as supplies, for example, cannot be shared.
As for the recommendations for families, it is requested to minimize the transfer of items between home and school. The entry of family members is only allowed with a previous shift or when it is considered by the management personnel.
In case of identify a staff or student with symptoms respiratory system, will be isolated and the Health Emergency System will be called immediately.
The Provincial Minister of Health, Sonia Martorano, anticipated that it is handled as an alternative to the progressive return to classes in August: “We are talking about an approximate date of August, it may be that or it may be later, everything will depend on the epidemiological situation in which we find ourselves.”
“It will be a new school at least this year, where we will have alternate turns for boys and girls so that we can have classrooms at 50%“he added.
These are the main points of the protocol:
● Identify risk groups.
● Prepare the establishments, developing basic and essential sanitary conditioning activities.
● Condition the spaces to ensure the minimum distance.
● Prepare / update the map of key actors that can support institutional leadership teams in deriving risk situations in the educational community.
● Implement the safety and hygiene protocol.
● Carry out non-presential pedagogical continuity activities for those who cannot attend school, promoting conditions of equity.
● Generate alternative workspaces to the usual ones.
● Define communication campaigns for students and families
● A minimum distance of two meters is recommended between all the actors involved. This distance may be reduced to 1.50 meters. inside the classroom.
● The use of face masks is recommended for the entire duration of their stay in school, except for primary level students when they are in the classroom during the development of the class.
● The correct use of mask must be explained, completely covering the nose, mouth and chin, and its cleaning techniques.
● Promote washing the homemade mouth mask with soap and water at least once a day, and change it immediately if it is dirty or wet.
● It is recommended to carry out regular and frequent cleaning of all installations, especially in areas of greater contact and circulation, with each shift change.
● Avoid physical contact of all kinds such as kisses, hugs and handshakes.
● Avoid meetings of teachers or other members of the educational community in spaces where distancing cannot be accomplished.
● Do not share mate, dishes, utensils or other personal utensils.
● The permanence of several people in closed spaces (as an example: bathrooms) should not exceed 15 minutes and you must always have the facemask correctly positioned.
● It is not allowed to share any type of personal or protective items. Everyone has the obligation to clean their cell phone with alcohol when they enter.
● The times for hand hygiene will be before leaving home, upon arrival at school, ideally every 90 minutes, before and after recesses, before and after eating, after having touched public surfaces, before and after going to the bathroom after coughing, sneezing, or wiping your nose.
● It is recommended that teachers and students, from the primary level, take measures to disinfect their place of study (tables, chairs, doorknobs, railings, among others) at the beginning and end of the school day .
● Natural ventilation is mandatory in all installations, opening doors and / or windows every 90 minutes to allow air exchange.
● Work tables, tools and machines should always be disinfected before placing them in storage areas.
● Only family members will be allowed to enter with a previous shift or when the management personnel consider it, complying with the defined security measures.
● It is recommended to minimize the transfer of items between home and school (such as backpacks and toys); if carried, they should be left outside the classroom.
● All physical distance must be prioritized in all instances of passenger transport.
● Regarding school transportation, strict standards of safety, hygiene and physical distance between passengers must also be maintained.
Identification of symptoms
● Carry out activities to identify potential cases by measuring body temperature.
● Encourage self-report and simple questionnaires to detect possible symptoms prior to admission to the institution.
● Do not allow staff or students who present their own symptoms of COVID-19 to enter the establishments: tiredness, dry cough, loss of taste, smell, fever, among others.
● Upon the identification of staff and / or students with respiratory symptoms or fever, go to the previously identified isolation sector and then immediately contact the Health Emergency System