The CNTE rejects the return to classes raised by the SEP (Video)

0
6
The CNTE rejects the return to classes raised by the SEP (Video)




The face-to-face classes have been suspended throughout Mexico since last March.


© Cuartoscuro.com
The face-to-face classes have been suspended throughout Mexico since last March.


Sections 18 and 22 of the National Coordination of Education Workers (CNTE), corresponding to Michoacán and Oaxaca, respectively, rejected the virtual plan for the start of the 2020-2021 school year announced by the Ministry of Public Education (SEP). Juan Melchor, spokesman for the CNTE in Michoacán, said on Tuesday that the strategy of distance classes, supported by television and other electronic media, does not replace the teaching-learning process and displaces teachers. In addition, the spokesperson considered that the information has been given dropper and that this has been given to speculation, so the plan should have been designed first and then presented, as well as consulting other agencies involved.

‘What they should have done is generate the entire process and deliver it, so that society could resolve doubts from before, the teachers themselves, as we are demanding from the CNTE, be participants in the process, and not be left alone in the rejection, because also a proposal to generate, and that is based on the conditions we have in each entity, ‘he said in an interview. This Monday —three weeks before the start of the next school year—, the head of the SEP, Esteban Moctezuma, announced that the return to school will be at a distance due to the health emergency. He also indicated that the contents will be broadcast on television and radio, mainly through the Public System and the media companies Televisa, TV Azteca, Imagen Televisión and Multimedia, to which they will be paid 15 pesos for each of the nearly 30 million students . For the teacher leader, there is incomplete information and many doubts, but what “is clear is that there is a teacher displacement”, an incomplete and anti-pedagogical teaching-learning process, and the appearance of privatization of education. Melchor pointed out that these elements must be reviewed before Monday, August 24. ‘For us, (the solution) is the face-to-face classes, there is nothing that can replace the work done by the teacher, the teacher, that cannot be replaced by anything because education is totally human, we cannot put a device that replaces it That is our premise, the premise of the federal government is to start the school year, we are there, ‘he said.

In turn, Section 22 exposed in a statement both its rejection of the hybrid model (face-to-face) and distance education through the ‘television monopoly’. ‘There are no technical, physical and orographic conditions that contribute to the reception of educational content in marginalized communities where having a television translates into a privilege that is out of date when children have to engage in field work and family to survive during this pandemic ‘, published. We recommend: Schools work on back-to-school strategies According to the SEP, the Aprende en Casa II strategy is a fair effort, since television – unlike the internet and electronic devices – reaches 94% of households, and in the remaining 6% of marginalized areas They will carry out radio and indigenous language content.

In counterpart, the National Union of Education Workers (SNTE) supported the measures announced by the federal government for back to school. The organisation’s leader, Alfonso Cepeda Salas, pointed out that there are coincidences to guarantee the right to education for children and young people, and highlighted the “unprecedented” agreements that will allow teachers and students to continue with the teaching-learning process. He also thanked the SEP for recognizing teachers “as irreplaceable pillars in education,” noting that teachers are ready to restart classes in the way that circumstances allow. Since March 23, more than 30 million basic education students began to take classes remotely, from their homes, due to the COVID-19 pandemic that has left thousands of infected and deaths in Mexico and the world. This Tuesday, the Secretary General of the United Nations (UN), António Guterres, asked the governments of the world that as soon as they have controlled the local transmission of COVID-19 they open schools safely, to avoid a ‘catastrophe generational ‘.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here