This Monday will be a different Spring Day due to the coronavirus pandemic. Students may celebrate it, but in groups of less than ten people and respecting the social distancing and the use of masks to avoid contagion. In order for them to comply with hygiene standards and prevent crowds, the Buenos Aires Government will deploy an operation with more than 600 people in twelve squares and parks of the City.
Prevention agents, park rangers, firefighters, traffic and civil defense agents, volunteers and awareness-raising will participate in the operation. In addition, there will be roadblocks and fenced entrances, to expand the circulation space and provide more security.
The students they will not be able to use public transport to move. To verify that only essential workers use it, there will be controls in the main transfer centers: Plaza Miserere, Constitución and Retiro.
null To the south, the operation will cover Parque Avellaneda, Parque Chacabuco and the Costanera Sur corridor. In the center, the agents will cover the Rivadavia and Centenario parks, in Caballito. To the northwest, the focus will be on Plaza Arenales in the Devoto neighborhood and the Rubén Dario corridor. To the north you will reach Tres de Febrero Park, Paseo de las Américas, Barrancas de Belgrano, and Saavedra and General Paz parks.
Without the possibility of traveling by public transport, it is expected that the meetings will be in the neighborhoods. The official operation includes coverage from south to north of the City, in twelve natural meeting points.
To expand the space and that young people can maintain their distance, in some of those points from 10 to 18 some streets and avenues will be pedestrianized, with the collaboration of traffic agents. Inspectors will also be mobilized to order traffic in Puerto Madero, Plaza Francia and Lezama Park.
For its part, the City Police will deploy an operation of prevention and safety, which will consist of covering the green spaces with staff from the neighborhood police station that corresponds to each area. In addition, from the Urban Monitoring Center, monitoring will be carried out through the cameras arranged in the public space.
At Tres de Febrero Park special precautions will be taken. Is that the Bosques de Palermo and the Rosedal are the most traditional places to celebrate Spring Day. There, members of the Firefighters, Civil Defense, and the Directorates of the Aid and Prevention Guard will set up an Emergency Operations Center (COE), which will serve as liaison with all the operational personnel in the park. In addition, Civil Defense will add Aquatic Rescue personnel to guard the lakes and prevent access to water.
The streets that this Monday will be closed from 10 to 18 will be in the vicinity of six parks and squares. This is the detail:
- Total section of the road closest to the Díaz Vélez, Leopoldo Marechal and Patricias Argentinas park.
- Total cut in Leopoldo Marechal between Av. Patricias Argentinas and Av. Díaz Vélez.
- Total cut in Av. Díaz Vélez between Leopoldo Marechal and Av. Patricias Argentinas.
- Total cut in Av. Patricias Argentinas between Leopoldo Marechal and Av. Díaz Vélez.
- Total cut in Av. Assembly between Emilio Miter and Av. Curapaligüe (both directions).
- Total cut in Miró between Av. Assembly and Santander.
- Total cut in Hortiguera between Av. Assembly and Santander.
- Total cut in Faraday between Av. Assembly and Santander
- Total cut in Pair between Bahía Blanca and Mercedes.
- Total cut in Av. Chivilcoy between Habana and Pareja.
- Total cut in García del Río between Roque Pérez and Pinto.
- Total cut in Pinto between García del Río and Paroissien.
- Total cut in Cap. Gral. Ramón Freire between Paroissien and Vilela.
- Total cut in Vilela between Cap. Gral. Ramón Freire and Av. Melián.
- Total cut in Roque Pérez between Vilela and García del Río.
- Total cut in Av. García del Río between Zapiola and Pinto.
- Total cut in Cap. Gral. Ramón Freire between Manzanares and García del Río.
- Total cut in Superí between Manzanares and García del Río.
- Total cut in Roque Pérez between Besares and Vilela.
- Total cut in Conde between Besares and Vilela.
- Total cut in Paroissien between Zapiola and Pinto
General Paz Park
- Cut of Av. Larralde from Triunvirato to Colectora de General Paz and Constituents.
- Fenced over Núñez by the following arteries: Bucarelli, Altolaguirre, Pasaje Beethoven, Pestalozi, Ceretti, Lavoiser, Catriel, Achega and Medeyros.
Tres de Febrero Park
Four pedestrian entrances will be generated, so it will not be possible to circulate with vehicles around the perimeter of the Rosedal. There will be cuts in:
- – Av. Iraola and Av. Del Libertador
- Of. Kennedy and Av. Del Libertador
- Av. Infanta Isabel and Av. Del Libertador
- Av. Cnel. Marcelino Freyre and Av. Dorrego