The countdown is on for the spookiest party of the year. Get into the theme with these bloody and frightfully delicious treats!
October 31 is just around the corner and it’s time to get ready to celebrate the most terrifying holiday of the year. Take out your masks (except FFP2 and especially not approved) to scare your guests during evenings in (very) small groups. On the program for these special Halloween evenings: fear and especially a thematic meal that will thrill more than one.
- Brain cake for Halloween
- Mummy apples and orange pumpkins for Halloween
- Ghost pizza for Halloween
Brain cake for Halloween
What better way to celebrate Halloween than to be scared with a brain cake full of fake hemoglobin? Arm yourself with patience to complete all the steps. The result will be even more realistic!
Marie Etchegoyen / M6The ingredients of the recipe
- 600g dark chocolate
- 600g unsalted butter
- 12 eggs
- 600g sugar
- 300g flour
- Q.S colorant rouge azorubine
- 50g raspberry puree
- 200g white chocolate
- 16 raspberries
- 50g of blue sugar paste
- 50g green sugar paste
- Titanium oxide
- White cocoa butter
- 100g of sugar
- 175g of water
- 40g almond liqueur
- 90g of chocolate
- 250g whipped cream
The steps of the recipe
1. For the chocolate cake: preheat the oven to 210 ° C. Melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave. Mix them until you get a smooth texture. Add red food coloring and mix again.
2. Break the eggs by clarifying them (separate the whites from the yolks). Whisk the yolks with the sugar for about 1 minute.
3. Stir in the melted chocolate, then add the sifted flour. Smooth the dough well.
4. Beat the egg whites until stiff. Incorporate them into the dough.
5. Spray the mold release agent on the 2 26 cm diameter snap molds. Separate the dough into the 2 molds and bake for about 40 minutes.
6. Take out the cakes after checking doneness. Wait 5 minutes before unmolding.
7. For the chocolate whipped cream: using a food processor, whip up 200 g of cream.
8. Melt the chocolate in the microwave.
9. Dissolve the chocolate in the remaining 50 g of cream, then add everything to the whipped cream. Mix with the maryse until you have a homogeneous mixture.
10. For the eyes: melt the white chocolate in the microwave. Line the molds with white cocoa butter then let them set in the cold before turning to white chocolate.
11. Using a brush, coat the inside of the 2 silicone molds with 24 half-spheres. Scrape with a horn to remove excess chocolate.
12. Cool for a few minutes, then apply a second and third coat if necessary. Leave to cool for ten minutes in the cold.
13. Meanwhile, roll out the green and blue sugar paste and cut out small circles inside using a 12 round nozzle. Unmold the half-spheres. On half of them, stick with a drop of white chocolate, a colored circle.
14. Melt a few grams of dark chocolate and add a little black food coloring. Make the pupil of the eye with this mixture and a sugar paste tool with a small ball. Let these hemispheres dry.
15. During this time, place a raspberry in the remaining hemispheres and using a syringe, garnish with the raspberry puree.
16. Heat an empty pan over low heat. Very slightly melt the hemispheres with the pupils and weld them to the parts containing the raspberries. Reserve in the fridge.
17. For the soaking syrup: boil the water and the sugar then add the alcohol off the heat. Set aside for cake dressing.
18. For the dressing: position the cakes one on top of the other. Using a toothed knife, cut the cakes into the shape of a brain. Once done, dig a little inside each cake to form a cavity that will contain the eyes when they are repositioned.
19. Coat the bottom of the bottom cake pan with raspberry puree.
20. Using a peeler, deburr the solder of each eye, then position them in the bottom cake, pupils up. With a syringe without a needle, draw the blood over the eyes.
21. Lightly soak the cookies. Glue them together with the chocolate ganache. Cover the cakes finely with ganache to stick the almond paste. Reposition the top cake. Cover the entire cake with chocolate ganache.
22. Make very regular sausages about 10 mm in diameter with the almond paste. Glue the marzipan on the cakes giving it the appearance of a brain.
23. With a brush, brush the brain with the raspberry puree.
Mummy apples and orange pumpkins for Halloween
Less caloric and still as artistic, let yourself be tempted by this fruit recipe. Your skills with a knife will be used to draw spooky faces. Shall we get started?
Swalens / PhotocuisineThe ingredients of the recipe
- 2 apples
- 2 oranges
- 100g of black grapes
- 100g blackberries
- 100g blueberries
- 4 cloves
The steps of the recipe
1. For the mummy apples: with your peeler, cut a strip of skin starting from the top and going down to the base, forming a serpentine around the apple. Prick two small cloves to form the eyes.
2. For the oranges-pumpkins: cut a hat to your orange. Then with a tablespoon, take the flesh of the orange (keep it, eat it or use it in a cocktail). With a thin but sharp knife, cut out two triangles for the eyes and a third, smaller triangle for the nose. The more seasoned will be able to cut more complicated patterns.
3. Garnish your oranges with black grapes, blackberries, blueberries, or even candies and close with the previously cut hat.
Ghost pizza for Halloween
On the meal menu this October 31: a ghost pizza. Immediately served, immediately disappeared … in the meanders of your stomach! And all this without the slightest magic formula.
ISTOCKThe ingredients of the recipe
- 1 round pizza dough
- 250g of tomato sauce
- 1 ball of mozzarella (about 100-125 g)
- 50g grated cheese (emmental or cheddar)
- 8 black olives
- 150g pepperoni (optional)
The steps of the recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
2. Unroll the pizza dough, and place it on a baking sheet covered with baking paper. Pour the tomato coulis and spread it well, leaving about 5 cm of dough at the edge.
3. Cut the pepperoni into slices and divide them over the pizza. Cover with grated cheese.
4. To train the little ghosts, cut the mozzarella into slices and cut a ghost shape from these slices. Drop the ghosts on the pizza.
5. For the spiders, cut 4 black olives into slices. Cut the slices in half, you have thus created the legs of the spiders. Distribute 4 olives on the pizza and place the legs on each side. If you have any pieces of olive left over, use them to make ghost eyes and mouths.
6. Bake for fifteen minutes at 180 ° C.
Read also :