According to the WHO, herd immunity can only come with the vaccine

0
2
According to the WHO, herd immunity can only come with the vaccine







© Provided by AGI



AGI – “Herd immunity is a concept used for vaccination, in which a population can be protected from a certain virus if a vaccination threshold is reached”, is the specification of the WHO Director General, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, in response to those who claim to “let the virus circulate to gain herd immunity”.

“For example – explains the general manager – herd immunity against measles requires vaccination of approximately 95% of the population. The remaining 5% will be protected from the fact that measles will not spread among those who are vaccinated. For polio, the threshold is around 80%. In other words, herd immunity is achieved by protecting people from a virus, not by exposing them to it, “Tedros insisted.

“Never in the history of public health has herd immunity been used as a strategy to respond to an epidemic, let alone a pandemic. It is scientifically and ethically problematic,” Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus added in his briefing in Geneva. “Allowing a dangerous virus that we don’t fully know to circulate freely is simply immoral. It’s not an option.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here