With this recipe you give the classic chocolate cake an autumn twist: Aromatic chestnuts and dark chocolate make a heavenly cake, completely without flour
In the cold season you can’t have enough recipes to bake again. In addition to pumpkins and nuts, chestnuts also fit perfectly into an autumn cake recipe. This chestnut chocolate cake is wonderfully airy and juicy. The delicious fruits of the chestnut tree give the simple chocolate dream an aromatic and extraordinary note. The best thing about the recipe: It is baked without flour and is therefore healthier and gluten-free.
Video: simple and exotic: banana and coconut bread (glomex)
- 115 g ungesalzene Butter
- 200 g dark chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 4 large eggs (separated)
- 35 g of brown sugar
- 60 g cane sugar
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 200 g chestnuts (peeled & cooked)
- Preheat the oven to 190 ° C and grease a spring baking pan (ø 20 cm).
- Put the butter and chocolate pieces in a large metal or glass bowl and melt in a water bath, stirring constantly. Keep stirring as it melts until everything is melted. Then put aside.
- Mix the egg yolks with the brown sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Then stir in the butter and chocolate mix and set aside.
- Now put the egg white and lemon juice in a large mixing bowl and beat until airy with an electric mixer. Then add the cane sugar and continue beating until peaks form and it turns into egg whites.
- Now grind the cooked, peeled chestnuts, stir into the chocolate batter and then carefully fold in 1/4 of the egg whites. Then carefully fold in the rest of the egg white and pour the dough into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake the chestnut chocolate cake in the oven for 30-35 minutes (stick test!). As it cools down, it may collapse a little and get slight cracks (that’s how it should be!). Sprinkle with cocoa powder before serving.