MEXICO CITY.- If you have driven on the road, you surely know that this activity requires a lot of attention, in addition to the fact that it is your life, it is important, you must also take into account the fines that you may earn for violating the Traffic Regulations in Highways and Bridges of Federal Jurisdiction, which is more severe and, unfortunately, also less known than the highway codes of each state.
To guarantee a smooth journey, you must respect each of the 233 articles that govern the roads of our country.
Surely you know the most basic ones, however there are some that you should not miss to avoid being surprised while driving, which we will expose here.
- Take care of your sides. If your car does not have both mirrors or they are very small, you will be fined 1,738 pesos according to article 47.
- Deadpoint. 1,738 pesos is the fine for going down a hill with the gearbox in neutral or with the clutch depressed, according to article 140.
- Scandal. According to article 46, you will be penalized with 4,344 pesos if your car does not have an exhaust silencer, if you use valves to make the sound louder, not having the engine adjusted and for emitting excessive smoke.
- It sounds. If the horn does not work or is not heard at least 60 meters or it sounds very loud, you will be fined 869 pesos according to article 45.
- Do not forget. If you run out of gas in the middle of the road, you will be sanctioned with 1,738 pesos and if you add to this that if you leave it abandoned for more than 24 hours, it will be towed to the closest corral and you will pay the drag and shelter according to the article 82.
- Fill the tank. In case you load gasoline with the engine running, you will be fined 2,172 pesos in accordance with article 73.
- Awake. For traveling with obvious signs of fatigue you can be fined 4,344 pesos according to article 91.
- Do not use it. You cannot drive with seat covers, otherwise you will be penalized with 1,738 pesos according to article 95.
- Do not do it. Pushing a vehicle with the defense of another or interposing an object between them will be sanctioned with 4,344 pesos according to article 158.
- Let pass. For accelerating while another car is passing you will be fined 1,738 pesos according to article 146.
- Cleansed. For going out on the road without a windshield or windows, or that are dirty or broken, as well as without the windshield wipers in good condition, you will be fined 2,607 pesos according to article 48.
- Do not play. 1,303 pesos of fine is imposed on those who are playing with the horn or the lights while driving on the road.
- Without pressing. Article 102 dictates that you will be fined 4,779 pesos for not respecting the safety distance with the car in front.
- Help. If in an accident where you participate you could support the injured and you do not, you will be fined 5,213 pesos.
- No one on board. When your car is towed or transported by a crane, no one should travel in it, as they can sanction you with 5,213 pesos, according to article 74.
- You go slow. For driving at a very low speed, which is dangerous for traffic, you will be fined 1,303 pesos according to article 137.
- Hold it tight. If you drop your luggage or cargo while traveling, you will be penalized with 5,213 pesos according to article 75.
Gallery: In the rainy season this is the first thing you should check (Money in Picture)
Exterior lights When it rains, the amount of light in the environment is reduced, so it is essential that not only the main headlights work, but also that we must verify that the rooms turn on, as well as the high beam, directional, intermittent and reverse, as it is the way we can see and be seen as well as the fact of being able to communicate with other drivers when performing a maneuver. Photo: Attraction360
Defroster Faced with this phenomenon, it is normal for the car’s windows to fog up, however, it is important to know that a glass that is dirty on the inside fogs up faster and is also more difficult to defrost, making it impossible to see through the windshield and observe the rear-view mirrors. the side windows. To prevent this from happening, the most effective is to activate the air conditioning defroster, which directs the air towards the windshield, so you should verify that it works. Photo: Attraction360
Emergency kit Remember that rainwater hides many deep potholes that we notice when we fall into them, which can damage both the tire and the rim. So, in order not to get stranded on the road, check that the spare tire is in working order, as well as the rest of the tools such as the hydraulic jack, a cross wrench and insurance to loosen the studs, among others. Photo: Attraction360
Windshield wiper fluid It is the perfect match for the windshield wipers, as we remember that, when it has stopped raining, the dirty water that other cars splash directly onto our windshield prevents good visibility. Thanks to its chemical composition, this liquid easily dilutes dirt to remove it when operating the windshield wipers, so you should check that the tank is full and if it is not, fill it up. Photo: Attraction360
Windshield wipers Good visibility is essential to circulate with maximum safety, since 90% of the information we receive when driving comes to us through sight. For this reason, we must check that the windshield wipers fulfill their mission since, with the passage of time and the elements, the rubber that makes them hardens and they no longer clean the same. If this is not the case, simply wipe with a damp cloth with hot water to remove the accumulated dirt. Photo: Attraction360
Door rubber These moldings hermetically seal the passenger compartment and trunk, isolating them from inclement weather. They are made of elastic materials, this means that when deformed they return to their original shape; This property allows a perfect seal, but with use and over the years the elasticity is lost and it stops sealing. Then the noise seeps in, the rainwater seeps in, so check that in your car this is not the case. Photo: Attraction360
Tires Remember that they are the only components of the car that have contact with the ground, so their condition and inflation pressure must be adequate to face the rain. Tires with a worn tread lose the ability to expel water towards the sides of the wheel, thus clearing the tread area, which is what provides adherence. When the tire tread is not able to evacuate the amount of accumulated water. Photo: Attraction360
They will arrest you
Federal police officers may arrest you for:
- Refuse to hand over the original driver’s license and registration card.
- Unjustifiably resisting the imposition of the sanction for the offense committed.
- Do not wait for the delivery of the violation ticket or destroy it
- Make threats, insults or attacks on the authority or emergency personnel.
We recommend you