There were mixed movements in stocks with a fall of the tech giants, This moderates optimism in the face of better than estimated economic data.
S&P 500 closed with few changes and Nasdaq 100 fell amid expiration on stock options on Friday.
These are some of the main movements in the markets:
- The S&P 500 was little changed at 4 pm New York time.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index rose 1.3%.
- The MSCI Asia Pacific Index fell 0.1%.
- The Bloomberg Dollar Spot Index fell 0.2%.
- The euro rose 0.1% to US $ 1,172
- The British pound was up 0.1% to $ 1.2922.
- The Japanese yen registered little change at 105.40 per dollar.
- The 10-year Treasury yield rose one basis point to 0.74%.
- The yield on Britain’s 10-year bonds advanced less than one basis point to 0.182%.
- The yield on Germany’s 10-year bonds fell one basis point to -0.62%.
- West Texas Intermediate crude fell 0.1% to US $ 40.91 a barrel.
- Gold lost 0.3% to $ 1,902.22 an ounce.