Have you heard of the so-called Hot Chocolate Bombs? This new food trend is going viral right now on social networks!
Hot Chocolate Bombs are the latest trend on Instagram. They look like bath balls, but are edible and transform hot milk into a visual and taste highlight. The chocolate bombs are filled with lots of goodies and burst in the cup as soon as hot milk is added. Sounds heavenly? It is! However, the magic balls are not only available ready-made, they can also be imitated yourself in a few simple steps. And: You can also give them away wonderfully.
Here is the recipe:
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 1 EL Cocoa Powder
- 2 hemispherical shapes made of silicone
Video: lemon cake with meringue (sixx)
For the filling:
- A pack of mini marshmallows
- 3-4 tbsp cocoa powder or colored sprinkles
1. Melt the dark chocolate over the water bath. Then add the cocoa powder and stir well.
2. Put the chocolate in the wells with a tablespoon and rotate so that the chocolate only sticks to the edge. Then put the mold in the refrigerator for ten minutes. Then a second layer of chocolate is placed in the wells using the same process. Put the silicone mold in the refrigerator again for ten minutes, until the chocolate is hard.
3. Now gently heat a plate in the microwave. It should only be lukewarm and not hot. Remove the half chocolate balls from the mold. Take half and press the edge briefly and very lightly onto the warm plate. So it becomes soft and then connects to the other half. When the edge is melted, half can be filled. Add a teaspoon of cocoa powder and a few mini marshmallows. Heat the other half in the same way and place on top of the filled half. Press lightly so that both halves connect.
4. If you like, you can decorate the finished chocolate bomb now. How about some edible glitter, for example? This can be wonderfully applied to the surface of the ball with a brush and looks great. Finally, the ball is placed in a cup and hot milk is poured over it. Then the ball opens and the inside comes out – it just looks great!