Axel Kicillof paused in the isolation that he is going through because he is in close contact with a person infected with coronavirus to detail the progress of the quarantine in the Province and the scheme of gradual return to face-to-face classes in schools. But the immense Buenos Aires educational system will have a limited reopening: only in 7.5% of schools can classrooms be reopened.
There are about 1,460 public and private institutions located in 24 municipalities that – according to the epidemiological definition of health entities – are in “Low risk areas”. More than 19,100 educational units of the GBA, Mar del Plata, Tandil, Bahía Blanca and a good part of the Buenos Aires geography will remain with the teaching spaces closed as they have been since the week prior to March 20, in which the Government ordered the ASPO in the whole country.
For a huge universe of five million students of gardens, primary and secondary schools, the same modality that was extended in the quarantine will be maintained: provision of food modules of the School Food Service program, delivery and return of booklets and instances of guidance to families and students, as explained in the General Directorate of Buenos Aires Education.
The governor reported that in those places they will advance with a program called Accompaniment to Trajectories and Relinking (ATR). It consists of the call for advanced teaching students to go to the homes of the students who were left without connection with the teachers. Plan to group up to six children or adolescents each for a pedagogical tutoring. Kicillof reported that they received 45,000 applicants, although 16,000 had registered as of Tuesday.
Another novelty for this group of students living in “medium or high” areas of contagion risk: the performance of socio-educational, recreational or artistic activities in non-school buildings. They could be clubs, sports complexes, and other outdoor spaces. The schools will continue to be prohibited for the entry or the contact of boys with teachers and directors.
As explained in the Government, these guidelines are contemplated in resolution 370/2020 of the Federal Council of Education that describes the way to go back to face-to-face classes. Any other variant is outside of that determination endorsed by all the governors and authorities of CABA. That is why Kicillof considers that he cannot move from that strict framing that prevents him from reopening the classrooms. And he questions those who present alternatives to search for “grandiose titles in the newspapers.” He did not say so, but pointed to Horacio Rodríguez Larreta, who next Tuesday will begin taking students from the last year of high school.
Avenida General Paz in between, on one side there will be teenagers who will be able to return to desks and others who will maintain the scheme that began 205 days ago. “Do not seek to market this. We must act with great responsibility, ”said the governor. The same concept used a few days ago by the Secretary General of Suteba, Roberto Baradel, to question the mayors of the opposition who demanded actions to resume educational activities. “They do political marketing”said the Kirchner unionist.
The provincial Minister of Education, Agustina Vila, clarified that she analyzed this new scheme with “the nine unions” that intervene in the educational system. In CABA, the largest unions in the state sector reject any modality that involves the intervention of workers in educational centers.
In Buenos Aires, the contact of teachers with students will be in 24 municipalities that have between 13 and 135 educational units. The most populated locality in the “low contagion” zone is Chivilcoy. Monte Hermoso, Adolfo Alsina, Bragado, July 9, Chascomús and Carlos Tejedor, among others, also appear.
In these localities there will be a first stage in which students who need to strengthen pedagogical continuity will be summoned, because their educational paths have been interrupted during the pandemic or because they require greater pedagogical support. Those who are studying will have a higher frequency of face-to-face classes the last year of primary and secondary. In a second stage, according to the epidemiological conditions, the other students will gradually be summoned. “Priority will be given to all enrollment in the last and first year of primary and secondary levels, children of essential workers and education, until gradually incorporating the rest of the enrollment of each educational establishment,” reported in Schools.
In districts where epidemiological conditions can resume face-to-face activity, each school must prepare its Institutional Plan for the progressive return to face-to-face classes. They must adapt the particular conditions to the characteristics of the educational establishment.
In the districts evaluated as medium risk, the possibility of generating protocols to do cycle closing activities for the last years of each level.
Until this Saturday night the list was not known, but also for this group the possibility of carrying out socio-educational activities – outside the school environment – of re-engagement and support, linked to sports, art, recreation or that may even be configure instances of school support that must be carried out outdoors in closed premises, with a presence of no more than 10 boys and girls.
These activities could be carried out in clubs, sports fields, sports centers and without requiring the use of public transport. In privately managed educational establishments, administrative tasks are incorporated to assist the public for the sustainability of enrollment. All activities must comply with strict health protocols.
La Plata. Correspondent