Cake is always possible – but especially now, when you make yourself comfortable at home and something sweet is part of coffee and tea. But while we are on banana bread Have over-eaten anything in all variations, we are now relying on new recipes and new forms of preparation. Our recommendation for anyone who does not have a baking pan: cake in a glass.
This is not only practical, it also looks beautiful and is a great gift. Particularly heat-resistant glasses such as mason jars or preserving jars are suitable as a form. The autumn recipe for chocolate cake with a caramel core is particularly juicy and definitely satisfies all sweet cravings.
Recipe for cake in a glass: Chocolate cake with a caramel core
Ingredients for chocolate cake with a caramel core
For the cake filling:
- 170 g of condensed milk
- 70 g cream
- 1 egg yolk
For the cake batter:
- 125 g Butter
- 100 g of sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 No.
- 1 egg white
- 140 g of flour
- 20 g cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 50 ml of milk
- 50 g Raspelschokolade
Cake in a glass – this is how the chocolate cake with a caramel core works:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees top / bottom heat.
- For the caramel filling, briefly bring the condensed milk and cream to the boil until everything thickens.
- Let the mixture cool down and fold in an egg yolk, catching the egg white.
- For the cake batter, stir the butter, sugar and a pinch of salt until smooth.
- Then add an egg and the egg white left over from the filling.
- In a second bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together. Then stir the milk into the batter. Fold in the grated chocolate.
- Pour the dough into clean, greased jars – as the dough is still rising, only fill the jar up to 2/3, if a lid is to close the jar after baking, only fill the jar halfway with dough.
- Use a spoon to make a well in the middle and pour in the condensed milk mass.
- Then the chocolate cake Bake in a glass for 20 minutes.
Let the glasses cool down well and serve, turning the cake over if necessary. Good Appetite!