Eucalyptus is a tree of evergreen, of which it is estimated that there are 700 varieties and is originally from Australia y Tasmanaia. The truth is that it is currently a tree that is found all over the world and that is highly valued for its medicinal properties.
The Eucalyptus leaves They are a medicinal treasure, are normally used to make infusions and in the elaboration of essential oils (for topical use or inhalation). The truth is that in a particular way the infusion of dried eucalyptus leaves, represents a extraordinary source of antioxidants (specifically in flavonoids) and that is related to benefits for protect the body from oxidative stress and the damage caused by free radicals.
The main flavonoids in eucalyptus are: catequinas, isorhamnetina, luteolina, kaempferol, floretina y quercetina. That is why the consumption of these compounds is associated with medicinal benefits for prevent certain cancers, heart disease, and dementia. Its content in these substances gives it three important properties: anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and expectorant.
During the cold season start the day with a cup of eucalyptus infusion, is an extraordinary alternative for strengthen the immune system, raise the defenses, prevent diseases and other benefits.
The benefits of eucalyptus tea:
- It is a drink with large expectorant and anti-inflammatory benefits, which clears the airways and reduces the risk of infection.
- It is characterized by its immense antibacterial capacity, for which its consumption is a great ally to combat microorganisms mainly bacteria and microbes, which are considered the causes of various infectious processes in the respiratory tract. As is the case with bronchitis, sinusitis, asthma and colds.
- Is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent, ideal for reducing inflammatory processes that cause infections.
- The eucalyptus infusion has great hypoglycemic propertiess, it is therefore a good natural element to regulate the high glucose levels and prevent diabetes.
- Eucalyptus is rich in two anti-inflammatory compounds of great power, as is the case with substances such as cineole and limolene, that have the great property of acting as natural pain relievers. Drinking an infusion of eucalyptus is a good remedy for reduce pain.
- Their unique compounds and essential oils provide great benefits for emotional and mental health, this is because it is rich in a substance called eucalyptol and that is distinguished by its anxiolytic properties. Its consumption is a great natural regulator of parasympathetic nervous system and promotes relaxation.