The PS5 will be available on November 19. But bad news: some features will not be available when the console launches. It will be necessary to wait for the first updates to exploit all the capacities of the next-gen console. In the meantime, here are all the features unavailable at release.
It’s been 7 years since the PS4 was released. 7 years later, the PS5 hits the market, on November 19 exactly. Only voila, several features will be unavailable when released, which is a shame we are not going to hide it. We will therefore not be able to exploit all the capabilities of the console when it is released and we will have to wait for the first updates.
The most telling example concerns the console storage system. Indeed, it will not be possible to increase the SSD storage capacity of the PS5. In other words, it will be necessary to be satisfied with the 667 GB of storage planned for the base on the PS5. It will therefore not be possible to connect a USB device to store the games. A bad point for Sony since all this will be possible on the Xbox Series X / S.
Very concretely, if you decide to install Marvel’s Spider-Man : Miles Morales (50 Go), Demon’s Souls (66 Go) et Call of Duty : Black Ops Cold War (133 GB), you will occupy more than a third of the storage space. You won’t be able to install dozens of games right out of the console. And we don’t even talk about the various game updates which are often very heavy.
All the features unavailable when the PS5 was released:
- At first, 3D audio will only be available on headsets. You will need an update for it to be available on your TV speakers.
- The PS5 will not be compatible with 8K from launch nor with the 1440p definition.
- The PS5 is not compatible with the HDR Dolby Vision format
- Unlike the Xbox Series X, the PS5 is not compatible with Dolby Atmos and DTS: X formats.
- The new HD camera for PS5 is not compatible with the PS VR headset.
- The PS5 will not play Blu-Ray 3D DVDs.
- You will not be able to create game folders in the interface, nor change its theme. Which is quite surprising since it can be done on PS4.
Some of these shortcomings will be corrected later via updates. Some will not. All the details can be found on Sony’s “Ultimate FAQ”.
The post Here are all the features that will not be available with the release of the PS5 appeared first on newsmonkey.