- Mulled beer is a delicious alternative to mulled wine and punch
- The recipe for mulled beer provides variety in the Corona winter
- Mulled beer is quick and easy to prepare with just a few ingredients
Yes, you heard right: we’re now trying our hand at mulled beer! While mulled wine and eggnog in winter are the alcoholic hot drinks we trust and immediately remind us of cozy evenings, lights and cinnamon sticks, mulled beer may sound a little strange at first. But since everything is different in this Corona winter anyway – why not try something new?
Mulled beer in winter: the perfect alternative to mulled wine
Mulled beer is a slightly tart tasting alternative to mulled wine and Punch – the perfect hot drink for beer fans, but also for all those who long for a little variety this Corona winter. With our recipe for mulled beer, the alternative to mulled wine can be prepared quickly and easily.
Mulled wine now has a break in the Corona winter: recipe for mulled beer
Ingredients (for 2 glasses):
- 1 liter of dark beer
- 1 rod cinnamon
- 1 Sternanis
- 5 cloves
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 100 ml cherry juice
Preparation of the mulled beer:
- Slowly heat the beer together with the spices in a large saucepan to medium temperature. Warning: the beer must not boil.
- When the foam has settled from the beer, add the sugar and let it dissolve while stirring gently.
- Turn off the hotplate and cover the mulled beer on the warm hotplate for about 15 minutes.
- Season the mulled beer with the cherry juice.
- Strain the spices through a fine sieve, pour the mulled beer slowly and enjoy!
Extra tips: mulled beer with orange juice or malt beer
Mulled beer tastes best with dark beer – but the recipe can also be used wonderfully to recycle leftover beer. In addition, the taste of the mulled beer can be varied by using freshly squeezed orange juice instead of cherry juice. And who on alcohol want to do without or reduce the alcohol content, relies on malt beer.