Do you want a quick lunch? Then this simple low-carb casserole with zucchini and tomatoes is perfect for it. Here is the recipe
Cut, layer and put in the oven! This ingenious quark casserole with zucchini and tomato is the perfect, light dish for lunch or dinner. And the best thing about it: The baked casserole can be eaten with an absolutely clear conscience, because it is healthy, low in carbohydrates and low in fat. That’s how it’s done:
- 300 g Zucchini
- 200 g low-fat quark
- 1 tomato
- 50 g cream cheese
- Salt pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 1 TL Oregano
- A pinch of cumin
- 1 TL Dill
- 120 g grated cheese (e.g. Gouda)
- Spring onion for garnish
1. Take an oval casserole dish (length approx. 18 cm). Wash the tomatoes and cut into thin slices. Then place in the baking dish. Wash the zucchini and cut into slices. Layer these over the tomatoes.
2. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees top and bottom heat.
3. Whisk the cream cheese, quark, eggs, cumin, oregano, dill, salt and pepper in a separate bowl with a whisk to a nice mixture. Season if necessary. Pour over the vegetables and then sprinkle with cheese.
4. Put the casserole in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. When the cheese turns a light golden brown, the curd casserole is ready. Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve warm.