Argentina had another record day of cases novel coronaviruses. This Thursday they reported 23.683 cases new, more than a thousand more than the number that had been reported on Wednesday afternoon. The total of cases in the country is 2.473.751. Of the total cases, 227,646 are active and 2,188,983 have recovered.
The deceased for this disease in the last 24 hours were 290, exactly 100 more people than those reported on Wednesday afternoon. That means that the total number of deaths since the pandemic is 57,122.
The cases reported on Wednesday
In yesterday’s session, Argentina reported a very high number of new cases in one day. According to the report of the Ministry of Health, were found 22.039 cases new in the last 24 hours, which until then was the highest number since the start of the pandemic, but it was surpassed by the evening report this Thursday.
The deceased because of coronavirus detected on Wednesday were 199.
New measures to stop the second wave
The President of the Nation announced new restrictive measures that will be in effect for the next three weeks. The objective is to stop the expansion of the coronavirus among the Argentine population, since day after day the cases detected and sick patients increase.
“We decided to take specific measures based on what we have already learned from the behavior of the virus,” said Alberto Fernández.
It is important to bear in mind that the measures will be in effect from 0 am this Friday, April 9 and will last until April 30.
- Suspension throughout the country of group trips of graduates, study, and also tourist groups
- Suspension of social activities in private homes
- Suspension of social activities in public spaces of more than 20 people
- Suspension of casinos, bingo halls, discos or any party room
- Suspension of sports practice where there are more than 10 people
- Closing of bars and restaurants from 11 pm
- Circulation is prohibited between 0 and 6 in the morning of each day (each jurisdiction may only extend the hours)
- In the AMBA, public transport will be for the exclusive use of essentials
These are the restrictions that take effect this Friday at 0 am