The best way to process fresh peas? With this spring-like pea and mint soup! The recipe is that easy
The warmer the weather, the more people want light fare. A spring-like vegetable soup is just the thing! How about this delicious pea soup, for example? It is prepared with fresh peas, combined with leek and celery and rounded off with refreshing mint. Sounds delicious? It is! Here is the recipe:
- 1 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks
- 2 Selleriestangen
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 540 g peeled peas
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 75 ml of cream
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 8 sprigs of mint
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Chop the leek and celery, add to the pan and fry for 5 minutes until translucent. Then add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Stir in peas and mix well. Now add the broth and bring the soup to a boil over medium heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Finely chop the parsley. Then add to the soup with mint and a little dill. Remove the mixture from the heat and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Put the soup in a blender and mix until all the pieces are pureed. Then stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Before serving, put the soup back in the saucepan to warm it up briefly. Garnish with olive oil and mint and enjoy.