Fourth suspect wanted after 13-year-old was killed

0
0
Fourth suspect wanted after 13-year-old was killed




The drama is said to have taken place in this residential complex


© APA / HERBERT NEUBAUER
The drama is said to have taken place in this residential complex


After the arrest of a third suspect on Wednesday in connection with the violent death of a 13-year-old girl over the weekend in Vienna-Donaustadt, the search for a fourth possible accomplice is ongoing. According to reliable information from the APA, a 22-year-old, multiple criminal record-born Afghan with a European arrest warrant has been searched for since Tuesday.

On Wednesday evening the executive in Vienna arrested a third suspect in this matter. The 23-year-old man, also from Afghanistan, is said to have stayed in the apartment of an 18-year-old compatriot, who had already been imprisoned, and to which the 13-year-old had voluntarily gone. There she is said to have been given drugs and then subjected to acts of abuse. “It is investigated because of sexual assaults. Which fact has been fulfilled is the subject of the ongoing investigation,” said Nina Bussek, the spokeswoman for the Vienna Public Prosecutor’s Office.

It is unclear how the girl died. According to information from the APA, the 18-year-old should have carried the minor – possibly she had lost consciousness as a result of the drugs consumed – out of his apartment and leaned against a tree on a green strip in front of it, where passers-by discovered the lifeless body on Saturday morning. According to a coroner who was called in, the 13-year-old had suffocated. The prosecution is hoping for detailed information from the autopsy report and the toxicological and molecular genetic expert reports commissioned.

The third suspect arrested is a 23-year-old Afghan who is already known in the office. He is said to have already been convicted of drug offenses. The young man was caught on Wednesday evening at around 10 p.m. at the Michelbeuern subway station in Alsergrund by officers from the State Criminal Police Office together with police officers from the Task Force to Combat Street Crime (EGS). There is suspicion against him that he “may have been involved in the act that led to the death of the 13-year-old,” said police spokesman Markus Dittrich. According to Franz Ruf, Director General for Public Security, the Afghan has been in Austria since 2015.

As the “Kronen Zeitung” reported online, the investigators should assume that the girl was abused by a group of young men. There was no official confirmation from the police. “The investigation is in full swing. Further suspects cannot be excluded,” said Dittrich. In this context, Ruf spoke of a “dynamic development” in the investigation at the round table of Chancellery Minister Karoline Edtstadler (ÖVP). He didn’t give any details.

The fourth 22-year-old, who is apparently urgently suspected of involvement and who is on the run, has already been convicted three times, most recently in February 2020 to nine months in prison for drug trafficking. He was later on trial with the 18-year-old for robbery, but was acquitted. The 18-year-old, on the other hand, absolutely took ten months.

The 18-year-old and a 16-year-old, previously innocent Afghan who has only been in Austria since April 7, 2021, have been in custody since Monday afternoon in connection with the 13-year-old’s death. The public prosecutor’s office applied for custody to be imposed on Thursday, officials spokeswoman Bussek told the APA. The regional court will presumably decide on Friday.

The 18-year-old was reported in the community apartment where the attacks on the 13-year-old should have taken place. The police got on the trail of the two boys through a testimony. The elder has already been sentenced three times. In his interrogation, he denied having anything to do with the killing of the girl. The younger one, on the other hand, has remained silent so far.

The 18-year-old has lived in Vienna since summer 2015. He was looked after by the Vienna Child and Youth Welfare Service in various facilities. Most recently he lived in the communal apartment on Erzherzog-Karl-Strasse. The 16-year-old came to Austria in April as part of a family reunification and is innocent.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here